GIANT SQUID KILLS FISHERMEN!

Monster squid have for centuries been the stuff of legend, but for fishermen and marine biologists along 10,000 miles of coast from Chile to Alaska, the myth has become a terrifying reality as the Express has reported that millions of killer giant squid are not only devouring vast amounts of fish they have even started attacking and killing human beings.

Like a story that once would have been relegated to the annals of BEYOND MYTHOLOGY, two Mexican fishermen were recently dragged from their boats and chewed so badly that their bodies could not be identified even by their own families. Leaving little wonder why the Humboldt giant squid — named after the 18th century German explorer — are called “diablos rojos” or “red devils” by the locals.

Since 2002, Humboldt giant squid have been spreading their tentacles and depleting fishing stocks by moving from their traditional tropical hunting grounds off Mexico and laying claim to a vast sweep of the Pacific.

Hunting in 1,000-strong packs of SEA MONSTERS can out swim and out think fish. Even more frighteningly, scientists believe that these aquatic predators coordinate their vicious attacks by using pigment cells to communicate.

The creatures have another eight “legs” for grasping and swimming and can reach speeds of more than 15mph. A single female is believed to be able to lay 30 million eggs, each one capable of becoming a giant killing machine.

Marine biologists wear chain-mail to protect themselves from creatures that can measure 8ft, weigh 100 pound and carry an armory of more than 40,000 fearsome teeth along two “attack” tentacles. Former US special forces diver Scott Cassell has put his life on the line to study the squid. He described his terrifying encounter:

“Within five minutes my right shoulder had been pulled out of its socket. I had 30 big marks on my head and throat and one squid hit me so hard I saw stars. They then grabbed on to me and pulled me down so fast that I could not equalize and I ruptured my eardrum… they are the most opportunistic predators on the planet. They eat everything in their path.”

, ,

9 Responses to GIANT SQUID KILLS FISHERMEN!

1. asdf December 13, 2012 at 2:34 am #

we should kill them and eat them.

• CombatPOLKAT March 17, 2013 at 7:40 am #

We do. Mexicans kill them by the hundreds every night, but they reproduce 10 times as fast!

• Darth Krayt November 15, 2013 at 7:31 am #

Well, solve the hunger crisis right there. With fast reproducing sushi. :)

• ProjectPacman March 29, 2014 at 7:12 am #

throw bombs xD or just try to make an under water army of all its prey including humans and fight them until well they are gone lol

• TheLimeGuy June 9, 2014 at 8:40 pm #

The coral reefs will be destroyed if we used your idea. The underwater army are taken down very easily as a squid pack composts a thousand smart and deadly squids.

2. asdf December 13, 2012 at 2:34 am #

kill it with fire

3. Bonnie Chen January 9, 2013 at 6:38 am #

Holy Moly!! I love the squid but never see this big before. I am from Vancouver, BC and most of squid sold in stores are from Korea (the small squid).

Thank you for the hard work and dedication fisherman :)) Please be safe out on the sea and bring home the victory you have harvest. A big thank you for fulfill my taste buds and many others~

4. randy miner May 29, 2014 at 4:55 am #

Please don’t call these animals “giant squid”. These are commonly called humbold or “jumbo squid (Dosidicus gigas) and while they are large, the name “giant squid” is used to refer to the genus Architeuthis.

5. TheLimeGuy June 9, 2014 at 8:35 pm #

Have everyone gone insane!? What does this supposedly to mean? Skydoesminecraft has taken down even real life? Are you people stupid? First of all, Gold armor in real life is very heavy, meaning that they can pull you down easily, second, where are you going to find all that gold or budder? Third, no one will allow you to kill every single squid as it would disrupt the ecosystem. Squids serve a purpose. They are both predator and prey. Meaning that theh can eat or be eaten. If all squids are gone, who would feed every sperm whale?